What motherboard should I buy?

2014. August 31., thread
Forum » Buying Advice
Comments: 18
Please login to post a comment.
no avatar
Hello! I am a fairly experienced PC builder but I haven't upgraded in a while so I am a bit out of the loop. I'm looking at building a PC for my sister.

I am looking at a 3600, but am not sure what board or even chipset to pair it with.

The PC will be for gaming (1080p, at least for now) and photo and video editing.

Is there any reason not to go for a cheaper b450 or X470 over X570?

Also, any recommendations for a board? Good I/O is a big plus.

I already have a case and 750w 80+ gold PSU, and 1 TB NVMe drive. Will probably round out the build with 16 GB of 3200 MHz RAM and a 5700XT.
Moon_Breaker avatar
Gigabyte is my choice for mobos, but Asus is the favorite brand among gamers (downside of it that it's pricier too).

MSI makes some decent budget mobos too , but they are slightly less reliable that Asus and Gigabyte.
no avatar
Looking to play on shogun total war and company of heros 2 any advice
no avatar
budget LGA1155 SLI Motherboard suggestions please
tomcat3 avatar
250 GB It Is Enough for any Games Can Play At Ultra
That GTX 770 Memory Bandwidth Is 224.3GB/sec That GPU Can Handle Most games At MAX
Only A problem SLI/CrosfireX It need 2X 16 Slot And A Powerful PSU
iGhosT avatar
but you can't achive full performance from high end cards by using pcie 1.1 that have 250Gb/s bandwidth and also can't use sli/crossfireX of med range cards
tomcat3 avatar
If U Have PCI EX 1.1 Slot Then U Can Install A PCI EX 3 card Easily . You Only Need A X16 slot versions doesn't Matter .There Is No Performance Reduce As You Think
iGhosT avatar
it depends on the pci-e slots version
e.g, your board have pci-e 2.0 and you install a GTX 760 which required pci-e 3.0,
it will work but your Gtx 760 can't give its full performance you need a board with pci-e 3.0
basically all mobos support all gpus
sakif avatar
Does all motherboard supports all gpu
tomcat3 avatar
It Is LGA775 And It Is INTEL Mobo So No Chance For Amd cpu

#sakif am3+ IT sUPORT THE fx cPU'S
sakif avatar
So, Which motherboard should i buy that support all cpu of this time?
iGhosT avatar
cpu's are socket specific if the motherboard has required (lga 775) socket than you can install any cpu of that socket(lga 775)
no amd cpu will install in intel board
tomcat3 avatar
Only Support Intel CPU's But U Can buy AMD GPU's
sakif avatar
Can i support amd cpu and gpu on my intel dg33fb
iGhosT avatar
how much impact does board have on system build besides overclocking
sakif avatar
I have intel DG33FB mainboard. Is it ok for gaming? If no which one i should buy?

Forgotten passwordRegister