COD vs. Battlefield

2013. November 29., thread
Forum » About games in general
Comments: 160
Please login to post a comment.
no avatar
Both are equally good, it depends on the player. CoD is more like telling you a story in a form that you get to be a part of it. On the other hand, Battlefield tells you an individual story of a person who's involved in the bigger story. Gameplay is equally good. Personally, i believe that BF has better physics but CoD is more simple unlike Battlefield which i sometimes find unnecessarily complex.

Again, the answer will depend on the personal preferences of the player. Wise ones enjoy both the franchises and don't waste their time comparing them 😉
no avatar
At the risk of opening some unnecessary "COD is terrible, BF 4ever!" argument, I am very eager to see if Modern Warfare will actually be a good game. Because if it is, it might act as some motivator for DICE and EA to step up their act in the FPS genre as it feels like they've held some form of monopoly for the last few years.

I know that people can play both games, which I also intend on doing, but from a company perspective it's always about their own game - so hopefully if COD is a success, DICE will react and put more into the next BF
Skyler avatar
I wonder, when are they planing to end the franchises? It's like PES and FIFA now, ridiculous.
WreCk3rr avatar
COD if to name one. Although i like both. 😉
KittenPower avatar
@froggman28 If you're using later windows try going to file origin and run as windows 7.

Follow these instruction after going to file origin:

Right Click on the .exe file

Go to properties

Go to compatibility

Run this program in compatibility mode for windows 7

This worked for me on NFS MW which was lagging as hell.Then I ran it as windows 7 compatibility which worked perfectly.
bagusprs avatar
hmm that is just weird.. you should be playing that game at max..
idk about this game optimization but its an old game..
no avatar
Hello! Can someone please give me a hand.. I just bought a brand new Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop with the following specs:

Intel Core i5-7300HQ Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz),8GB(1X8GBDDR4 2400),1TB/5400rpm,128GB M.2 SDD ,NVIDIA GTX1050 4GB,15.6" FHD (1920x1080) IPS,HD 720p

According to the system req test on this site, I should be able to play COD: World at War at high settings (or even max) with more than 60 fps. However that is not the case. I got tons of lag when on high settings, had to adjust to medium to be able to play. Even that wasn't 60 fps.

Does anyone know why maybe?

Thanks a lot!
Moon_Breaker avatar
I was a fan of CoD 2, 4 and 5 but then BF1 happened. 😆
Kingslayer126 avatar
CoD Obviously!! Btw CoD and BF, CoD has some good single player stories...
Skyler avatar
Unfortunately I didn't finish the game bcs of some stupid gamebreaking bug... pirated copy... 😠 😕
Skyler avatar
Yeah, Black Ops 2 was pretty interesting to me first time I played it, I kinda like story of Mason and Woods though. 😃
bagusprs avatar
yup that why i love cod black ops 2.. cause is not that futuristic.. no jumping around with freaking jetpack.... and also they mixed the pass with the future thing.. so i guess it was win win..
Skyler avatar
I like the period between 1970-2020 the most. 😉
KittenPower avatar
yes 2025 would have been great but I think they should go to past to ww time like battlefield.Cause every one loves that type of games😀
Skyler avatar
I agree with you bagusprs 100%. I like Crysis for example which is an ultra sci-fi futurestic but I love it bcs it's "Crysis game" and I know what is it all about. But... I don't want these so called "Call of Duty" games bcs it is not even "C" of the real Call of Duty. 😲 There is a lot of places of warfare to explore in whole world and they can't find a single one so they choosing the "space" as the battlefield... 😞
bagusprs avatar
i don't know about it.. 😕
KittenPower avatar
Did they make one about Afghanistan war??
KittenPower avatar
Alright then.I think Activision should come back to earth and think about it😂

I think next game should be about like Afghanistan or did they??? i don't know actually. 😕
AlyesRock avatar
@bagusprs you're completely right
bagusprs avatar
because " Call of Duty " is not supposed to be like that ..
they should be more to the realistic type of war , instead of games like "mass effect"..
star wars is popular because they meant to be that way..
KittenPower avatar
Then why is Star wars is a popular game while every one hates space 'pew pew' thing???
bagusprs avatar
Agreed.. Not that space 'pew pew' thing..
Skyler avatar
Yeah but... Activision never listen to us... Guys let's go on the battlefield, boots on the ground until Activision release something normal... 😕 😂
Skyler avatar
Well, the latest news says that Sledgehammer games (Developers of new COD 2017) just lost one member a good designer last month... Maybe Activision cancel their next installment for 2017. One more reason is YouTube and Internet's massive negative response to Call of Duty Infinite Warfare And Call of Duty franchise.
KittenPower avatar
Ha ha ha...rocks and bow and arrow and non of these make sense😂
THUNDERkurt avatar
If that would happen soap and price would wear animal skin and their weapons are rocks
KittenPower avatar
Ha ha ha..funny😂😂

what about after stoneage warfare.What would be next?😊
Skyler avatar
Next COD will be "Call of Duty: Stoneage Warfare" 😂 😊
THUNDERkurt avatar
If cod would be medieval themed it would be "Call of Duty Medieval Warfare"
bagusprs avatar
yeah they need to make a remake or somekind of remaster thing for it
Skyler avatar
My list:

1. Call of Duty Modern Warfare Series
2. Battlefield 3
3. Battlefield 4
4. Battlefield Hardline
5. Call of Duty Black Ops 1 & 2 and maybe Ghosts.

Btw I miss COD 1 + United Offensive) and 2 but they are too old to play nowadays to me. 😃
bagusprs avatar
black ops 2 was my favourite
Skyler avatar
Yeah, Modern Warfare 2 my favorite one. 😀
Skyler avatar
2000-2011 Call of Duty
2012-2016 Battlefield
Tonmoy avatar
COD : Ghosts is the best 😀

Forgotten passwordRegister