The second major DLC expansion pack of Battlefield 1 is titled "In the Name of the Tsar". It was known since E3 that it adds a bunch of new maps, weapons, a new game mode and much more. But it wasn't certain when exactly the gamers could get their hands on it. And now, it has a set release date. In the Name of the Tsar is releasing on Tuesday, September 19.
The developers are claiming it to be "the most extensive Battlefield expansion ever". Which shouldn't be much of a surprise because this expansion adds:
• Six new maps. Namely: i) Tsaritsyn, ii) Volga River, iii) Lupkow Pass, iv) Albion, v) Galicia and vi) Brusilov Keep.
• Russian Army with Women's Battalion of Death.
• Eleven new weapons. Including classic Russian weapons like Mosin-Nagant M91 Rifle, Standard 1912 grenades.
• A new game mode called "Supply Drop". Where the players engage in a "fast-paced fight for supplies on the Eastern Front as planes airdrop everything needed to outgun and outscore" their opponents.
• New vehicles: Ilya-Muromets Heavy Bomber, Putilov-Garford Heavy Armored Car, Y-Lighter Landing Craft.
• New Stationary weapon, new operations, enhanced cavalry gameplay, new challenges etc.