What do you think about pirating games? Is it fair?

by , 2015. November 14., thread
Forum » New forum threads
What are your opinions about pirating games? Is it a right thing to do?
Comments: 29
Please login to post a comment.
Arcsurvivor avatar
I would say no. If you want to try the games, try the demo first if they have it.
BardiaMGTGC avatar
pirated games is a must for me
i live in iran and i wanted to buy a game in sale for 23 dollars from steam which is 300000 tomans(i get payed 200000 tomans a month)
in some other countries things are the same
so might not believe my pc with an i5 7400 and gtx 1050 worth 10 million toman just so u know 😀
Tet33 avatar
From my personal experience with video games in general, I think it's right to pirate games under certain conditions.

I've been an avid PC gamer for over 10 years now and if I could I'd buy every game I ever played but the truth is in a third world country like Nigeria, some of these games cost as much or more than a month's worth of feeding money - for reals. And buying the game is just half the money problem cos you end up spending almost the same amount on the data needed to download the game; yeah, data in Nigeria (and I assume, most parts of Africa and other 3rd World countries) is really EXPENSIVE. People who can afford to get the games officially should do so, we should appreciate the developers.

All games are a medium for expressing ART and although all ARTISTs should be appreciated, all ART should be free.

When I officially become a game developer, I want my games to be accessible to everyone everywhere and piracy can go a long way in helping to achieve that.
Diotato Brandomato avatar
If it's a game like Battle Realms which doesn't exist in stores anymore then sure pirate it.
Lumpen avatar
In some country's that are sanctions yeah it's the right thing. but you gotta respect the developers for their work.
AlyesRock avatar
i agree with you Skyler, for me I don't have a PayPal yet, so i have to use a local digital store for buying steam wallet or games which makes me having to pay double the price, for example, I'm actually paying almost $40 for a $20 steam wallet which is not a great deal, atm i can't really stop playing pirated copies unfortunately, but i will still buy what really worth buying! 😊
Skyler avatar
Games are expensive hobby in some countries, like Jesus and God said "Share everything (free)" 😆
KydThe16th avatar
Not really. It's fine if you pirate to try yourself firstly and if you like it you better buy it if you can afford it!
💬 2
bagusprs avatar
@KydThe16th: ^ Follow what this guy said..
KydThe16th avatar
@bagusprs: Lol. It's just my opinion 😜
TrueSW avatar
Downloading it from websites is fair cause usually(maybe most of the time)you will get virus.....i like parated games fron cd cause its fair, no virus and a game with cheap price, original games from the developers is like a rooftop buster price
BestKiller avatar
Pirating games its very very good 😉
human_augmentation avatar
I just download Game from Other Site because i want to reassure that game is worth to buy...

my first pirated game is Counter Strike After 5 Year I Bought from Steam
Dark Hunter2 avatar
why not? for me This is more than fair!
Shadow Gamer avatar
I hate Denuvo! 😠 now we need Assassin's not only Pirates. 😠
BestKiller avatar
OMG 😲
Denuvo ._. YOURS The worst nightmare !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SamX avatar
Read this article. [LINK]
Piracy might end by 2018!
SamX avatar
It's not a good news for teenage gamers, who can't afford to buy every game they want to play. 😞
SamX avatar
Some pirating agencies are giving up the fight. Maybe developers have made a very strong anti-piracy technology, that just can't be cracked.
Lumpen avatar
for those who have financial situation problems in real life pirated games are not crime.

but if you buy original release you will help and support the developers and play multiplayer for free. 😀

winrar avatar
Until I will be a child I can't buy all games what I want to play. I usually by Multiplayer games.
And what can be worse than you bought a game on a full price and you didn't like it?

Although piracy isn't right, but it's still good.
If you can do it, support the game developers by buying a game. If you haven't got money, than just play the game and be happy that you can play it "free".
BestKiller avatar
well sure its not a crime 😀
BestKiller avatar
i think no problem with pirated games , some players maybe they are so poor
they cant buy games we can but they cant

i think its a good way to let them have fun and enjoy the newest games 😀

im the first one because i just play pirated games 😆

so no problem with that
SamX avatar
There are many teenagers in the world who love playing games on PC but they don't have the money to buy them and their parents don't think that games are a good thing for their child. If pirated games are gone their only hope will be gone as well. They will then just forget about gaming. And the world will lose many gamers who had the potentials to enhance the gaming world.
sandipbiswas420 avatar
I think pirated games is also good for poor countries. me belongs from india. which is semi poor or poor. i also used to play pirated games.have many players from Asia,Africa,america also cant buy games cause heavy cost.
For them pirated games is the way of happiness.
Fasy X avatar
According to my opinion, pirating games is just fine as a source of income for many individuals!!!
I don't think they are really suffered a lot from pirating as now days gaming industry is really becoming a huge big 1
And at last many gamers able to play many more games (bcoz of pirated game)

Happy GamerS 😀

Forgotten passwordRegister