What will games look like in 2025?

by Skyler, 2016. May 29., thread
Forum » New forum threads
Comments: 9
Please login to post a comment.
KittenPower avatar
1080 would be for mid range pc's and titan x would be low range pc's ang other gtx 900's would be for low end pc's 😜

and Titan x2 (gtx 2000 series) would be for high end pc's and lowest resolution would be 8k 😜
THUNDERkurt avatar
The NVIDIA GTX 1080 would be weak by that time
and yes the VR would rule in that year its like the whole world is your video game
Skyler avatar
I would really like to communicate with game characters that could be extremely awesome. The real time graphics and real in-game-people actors is coming up very soon so we won't wait for too long. 😉 😎
bagusprs avatar
@bobbytomorrow..
yup you're right
bobbytomorow avatar
Thats 9 years from now, lets look back 9 years before now and see how much progress theres been. That would bring us back to 2007,

Top CPU - 3GHz Core 2 Quad (4 cores)
Top GPU- 8800 Ultra (500 GFLOPS)
Top Game - Crysis

compared to 2016

Top CPU - i7-6950X 3GHz (10 cores/20 threads)
Top GPU - 1080 GTX (9000 GFLOPS)
Top Game - Witcher 3 (debatable)

On paper hardware of today is several times faster but realistically benchmarks about 3-4 times faster versus the best of 2007. Software on the other hand has not come that far in my opinion, Witcher 3 is not several times better looking than Crysis, I would argue they look relatively equal. Lets assume hardware improves at the same rate so in 2025 we should be seeing enthusiast class 20 core/40 thread CPU's and 2160 GTX GPU pushing 20 TFLOPS ... 2D games rendered at 4K+ resolutions should look and react pretty much life like and VR games will probably have matured to near life like visuals. I would wager we will just be getting big titles in VR around then, since development dollars are still in 2D gaming and mobile gaming, it will take awhile for API's to mature and to shift big developers over to VR. I was reading about VR hardware and potential in the mid 90's and thought that by 2005 we would be using VR widely, unfortunately VR technology has moved painfully slow.
SamX avatar
No, 2025 is too early for that. I think VR will be ruling in 2025.
Skyler avatar
I think we'll have to buy some kind of capsule (more like Animus from AC games) to play "Mind-Dream-Games" with others, something like virtual reality and we will also be able to communicate with game characters (there is already a word about that on the internet). 😂

Forgotten passwordRegister