Android Discussion

2013. September 09., thread
Forum » Software
Comments: 27
Please login to post a comment.
no avatar
In the latest version of Android (Android 11), the AOSP messaging app now has notifications that work properly. Previously (Android 10-Android 8 I believe), it had no notifications because it did not have notification categories and as of API level 26, these are required to display notifications. But now it has been fixed, and it now has notification catagories, which is a very good thing. Other default apps like the clock app also had this issue, and they have also been fixed.
no avatar
IMO, one of the best features in Android 10 was the ability to quickly and easily change audio output from the side volume control (the settings under the volume slider specifically), where if you simply pressed the volume settings after pressing up or down on the volume buttons, you could quickly toggle the audio output from one device to another.

Now with Android 11, that option is only available if some audio source is already playing on my phone.

Personally I use the same headphones for my desktop and phone, so it is incredibly annoying when I am watching something or on a Zoom call with my headphones on, I cannot easily turn off audio to my headphones, as I constantly will have audio cut out if I get a notification, call, or even quickly looking up an article on my phone with a video in the background. Before, I would normally just quickly change the output before I went on a Zoom call for instance, but now I am forced to either totally disconnect my headphones from my phone (which is already difficult due to some bug with Android not allowing me to keep Bluetooth off) or wait and hope that nothing on my phone will interfere with the audio output from my PC, and then if something does, hope that Android will show the change audio output options so I can fix the problem.

Anyways, there's my rant about how I feel Google has majorly crippled the audio output settings on Android 11
toceto avatar
Does anyone know if Samsung S5 has still support with patches?
KydThe16th avatar
I also think Android is the best OS for mobile devices 😀
chrisbenn avatar
android is the best, and really fast if the os is not modified ( motorola and nexus phones have the original unmodified google os 😉 )
no avatar
Android the best OS ever for phone! I' us Huawei Y560
BestKiller avatar
Yeah but its still a good OS 😃
AlyesRock avatar
yeah agree but android uses a lot of ram!
BestKiller avatar
Yeah its the best OS for mobile and its great for gaming and apps 😃!
bagusprs avatar
wow nice phone you got there...😃
really love nexus 5X
DomDA83 avatar
lollipop 5.0.2/5.1.1 or marshmallow 6.0.1.

or N beta is good so far can't wait Q3 2016 i will be getting on my nexus 5X
KittenPower avatar
I meant Best Android version..Sorry for my bad english😜
BestKiller avatar
i have kitkat on my phone too 😜
bagusprs avatar
I thought he was asking what is the best OS?or something😜
Mine was lollipop even though i only got kitkat on my phone..
bagusprs avatar
umm wait what? are you asking or answering?😜
what is the best Android OS?

or you mean best phone? or?
KittenPower avatar
Yes 😀

what is the best Android OS?
KittenPower avatar
I play mobile game sometime these days😃
Skyler avatar
I played mobile games long time ago... was it 5 or 6 years? I dunno. 😂
KittenPower avatar
Yes but if you have a laptop in a private car then its not😆😂
AlyesRock avatar
mobile games are good when you're traveling! 😀
Greedy Samurai avatar
Android Is Good But Windows Phones Rock......
Attila-13 avatar
Great phones! 😀
I myself owned the 1st generation which was one of the best phones of that year. 😀
But I had to sell it and after that I didn't get a chance to get another generation... 😜
But I'm planning to get one in the future...
Either the S4 or maybe I'll wait for the S5... We'll see... 😆
DomDA83 avatar
What do people think of the Samsung galaxy series?

Forgotten passwordRegister