Windows 8

2013. August 15., thread
Forum » Software
Comments: 42
Please login to post a comment.
no avatar
Hello everyone,

Well I would like to cut it short. I have a Dell Inspiron (got it back in 2009 ig ) with Windows 8 installed. Today I used the laptop for somewhat 10 hours completing notes and studying. The laptop has some battery issues and only runs when charger is plugged in.

My younger sister decided to remove the plug of my laptops charger to connect her phone charger. Later when I turned my laptop on, it showed 'Preparing Automatic Repair'. It took me to a blue screen and when I selected Continue option (exit and return to windows 8.1 option) it reboots and takes me to the same blue screen. Tried it many times and it still happens.

Can anyone be kind enough to tell me how to solve the issue? Thanks in advance. Also sorry for my English.
no avatar
Hello lads, I am in a bit of a pickle. I own a Sony laptop from 2013 which came with Windows 8 Pro (x64). Today I had to replace my hard drive for the laptop. I don't have any physical copies of Windows 8 ISOs, so I just fetched the Windows 8.1 Media Creation Tool. However, I've had to found out that the drivers provided by Sony CAN ONLY BE INSTALLED ON WINDOWS 8.0. If you want to use these laptops with 8.1 or 10, you first need to install 8.0, install the drivers, and then upgrade. There is no workaround to this driver issue. This is problematic for me because I NEED the drivers to be able to control my keyboard lighting. I want to turn it off but can't without the drivers.

Hence, I'm in the unusual situation that I want to use 8.1, but NEED a copy of 8.0 to be able to install the stupid drivers. Can somebody please tell me where I can get one online, or perhaps upload the iso or something? I have a Windows 8 Pro key (in fact I own two), so legitimacy is not an issue.
chrisbenn avatar
win 10 pro is the best 😀
sandipbiswas420 avatar
Ya i aslo tried win 8.1 several times. Everytime i feel win 7 better. Even i feel more comfortable with win xp 😆 .
Can i play DX12 games with gt 730?
sandipbiswas420 avatar
I have converted my hdd to gpt without loosing data to install win10. After using win 10 i feel so uncomfortable.so i was here to know what u guys think about win 10. But now im trying to reinstall win 7 but it says it needs a mbr disk. It really sucks. Maybe this time i loose my data. I live in india where average internet speed 2 mbps. Mine 1 mbps. So if i loose data ........[b]😳😢[/b]
sandipbiswas420 avatar
😳 but now im stuck between Mbr and Gpt
sandipbiswas420 avatar
Ok thanks. 😀 But i saw sone videos where Win10 gain more 3-4 fps than Win 7.
AlyesRock avatar
use windows 7 better and compatible with most of the softwares but if you want to play games that need DX12 like quantum break etc you will need Win 10 ofc.
sandipbiswas420 avatar
Help me to understand. I have a DX12 Gpu but my games only need DX11. So which OS should i use? Win 10 or 7? Win 8.1 most 3rd class OS Microsoft ever created.
MHI Spider avatar
Windows 8.1 has unfinished features. I prefer going for Windows 10 instead of Windows 8.1 because of complete features like DX12 support. Or go for Windows 7 for being the most used OS.
AlyesRock avatar
yeah win10 just for DX12 games! 😀
BestKiller avatar
Yeah Win 7 is the best but win 10 need to be installed to use directx 12 😀
So win7+win10 are the best
AlyesRock avatar
windows 7+windows 10 are the best options now 😀
BestKiller avatar
Im using 7 for now but i will install 10 to get directx12 features 😃!
SamX avatar
Windows Phone 8.1 is really good. 😀
BestKiller avatar
Yeah Its not that good 😉!
DomDA83 avatar
@sakif
follow this guide
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/install-multiple-operating-system-multiboot#1TC=windows-7

and you need a copy of windows 8
hope this helps you to understand

@tomcat3
NFS rivals works on windows 8/8.1 under EA origin as i own it
no crashes or fps drops on my system

both versions of Max Payne 3 steam and non steam work for me

and yes the non steam versions of some games do not work.
that is why i have the steam versions of the games beacuse they do work on windows 8/8.1
sakif avatar
@tomcat3
how can you have dual boot os?
iGhosT avatar
Yeh I also experience the same problem om windows 8.1
tomcat3 avatar
Not Only Games Many 32 Bit Softwares Not Work Properly ANd Some Games Sett Compatibility To Win 7

I Am Using Windows 8.1 64 And WIn7 64 (Dual Boot)

Max Payne 3 Not Work Properly On Win 8 Keep Crashing On Non Steam Version
NFS Rivals Played Crashing And FPS Drop And Not Work Directly On Windows 8 I Changed Wind 7 Compatibility
DomDA83 avatar
l still play game's made for xp and 7 on windows 8.1 with no issues. and i would not go back to xp or 7 as i can play all my games that i own on 8.1 no compatibility issues at all
tomcat3 avatar
Yeh
I Played Many Old Games In XP
I Started My Computer Studies With XP It is Btr Than Vista
If U Go Back The Old Days XP Is The Best OS In The World
tomcat3 avatar
Not Enough To Beat Windows 7 😉
iGhosT avatar
yeh i'm also using windows 7 ultimate
tomcat3 avatar
Still Windows 7 beat 8/8.1
sakif avatar
Somewhere i know that w8 not supports some softwares
DomDA83 avatar
@sakif
yes win 8/8.1 is good for gaming no issues so far that i have encountered been using it since it came out and upgraded to 8.1 still no issues .
DomDA83 avatar
windows 8.1 will be released to existing users of win 8 starting at 17:00 in richmond USA then worldwide on the 17th of October 2013 and to buy on the 18th

Forgotten passwordRegister